Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the night b4 an exam

well this is the second time i am giving this a shot...i started writing about this last night but somehow i could not write wat i wanted to and it was back to the drawing board for me.....

and now i am having another go at this....all my previous posts should have formed this mental image that most if not all nittians are the most vettiest,biggest timepasses of the world.....and the future of this country is safe in the hands of the iit's...lol.....but there is more to us than jus octa gaming and mindless timepass and wat not....

we do study and before an exam, we study really hard...as i already said this is the first time i am living away from home and i have had many firsts....and night out to study was another one of them....back home i never stayed upto study partly cos my parents were always on my back making sure i start early for my exams(and they stil are) but here there is no way to really make me.....a lot more freedom.....

and hence it all boils down to studying a lotta stuff on the day b4 the exam.....its not jus me, its true for a lotta people...infact the schedule kinda makes it that way(...saddd)....anyway the night b4 the exam in pearl hostel(actually not only pearl) is one of the busiest ever....the whole hostel is full of young minds hard at work trying to study all the useless formulas that they mite never use ever.....and if i was not forced to drown in my work i would term this whole night out phenomenon as very interesting....fun in fact....

i live in pearl room no:6 on the ground floor and our wing has to be the most studious wing by far(sans a few timepasses....)....from room no:1 to 22 or something most of us do get really serious and study a lot....and i do turn into a really big ass in that time.....i cant help it but i get tensed and i can act like jerk(but i am not very bad and all)....

getting back to the night out....to get in the full swing of things lets say 2 papers are up and it is the night b4 the third one....i come back at around 530 -6....timepass til 730 with karadi and brady(yess...i am talking bout his highness the dota emperor brady)....shower,have my dinner and then it starts.....

it must be around 830....i pick up my book and i go outta my room...i turn the hall light on..... and i start....yes i start walkin up and down the corridor as i study(and no i cant study sitting still.... i have to keep moving)....but i am not the only one....i look up and to my right i see raaaa"john smith"madan....he notices me and raises his two fingers in a weird salute of sorts....i never know wat it meant but i dint care....i replied with the same salute....

i turn left and i see deepak,a little down the corridor....with a book tightly held in his hands he continues to read and revise(ahhh revise....a term i have forgotten bout long long ago).....he keeps on reading as the comp sci guys turn up now and then with doubts.....but wait where is juju?? i always remember him walkin between me and deepak....so i stride past his room and look thru the window....lying down with the book beside him,juju aka greatest timepass king is seriously sleeping....i wonder if he has finished so i go to range's(aka arun) room....he is there with rammy(aka ramesh....the only guy who loves our mess pongal and samber more than me) and he tells me juju has to be woken up at around 10(deepak casually joins us....) i look at my watch...the time is jus 915....guess i wont be seeing juju for a while....and i continue to walk....i look at my watch again....930 already!!! and omg so much stil left:(.....

and i again stare at my books but nuthin seems to be getting in....i look up and i see a giant figure comin towards me....i know that walk...its ram"karadi"prasad of night out fame....he asks me how much i have done....and i look at him with dismay,he jus smiles back....tells me in his usual fashion that he has got lots(...ivallllooooo irrukku to quote him) but i know he does not....and he informs me that he is going to hit the sack...wat??so early b4 an exam...its hardly 10?? but he does not care...but thats karadi....hearing our voices vatsan and suppy(aka prapanch) come outta room no:7....as usual we do some timepass on how our teachers suck and how there is too much portions and how come ram.p is going to bed soooo early lol...then thay head back into vatsan's room(bak to studying for them)....

after karadi leaves i start again....i read for a while b4 i see a whole dept headin towards me....not suprised...its the ice guys and the pack is led by pandi(aka kaushik)....they walk past me and into room no:4....and then it starts for them....the whole dept seems to have a lotta bonding.... almost evry1 is there as pandi teaches them.....i look at my watch...its 10 and i see range walk into room no:8 to wake up juju....juju walks out with about 100 sweaters on....lookin at him reminds me how cold it really is....brrrrr....its cold and its making me very hungry....is it time already for bru?? no not yet its jus past 10....guess i have to scavenge for food from someone....

luckily diwali jus got over which means evry1 still has a lotta goodies with them from back home.... i get somethin to eat and take my position in the corridor....raaaaaa aint there anymore.... guess he is inside reading....i start walking again....i read for bout 15-20 min....then i look at my watch....1030....damn i got lots left and i am already begginning to feel sleepy.....but i cant,i shouldnt....it would be the end of me if i did....sooooo i walk into raaaaaaaaaaaaa's room.....
he does have a real soft bed....i walk and sit on it and continue reading....he does not notice me.....he jus carries on with his work....30 seconds later, i find myself lying on his bed( lol hmmm wonder how that happend)....and 10 seconds later, i am already telling him to wake me up in 20 mins:)....

the time is 1040....20 mins thats all...no more.....i wil wake up at 11 and start again....

nutty

2 comments:

Chari said...

Ding!!

Guess who dropped in by mistake!

Natesh Ganesh said...

lol very funny....

be glad u dint drop on the exam day....i get all pyschotic then....